Thursday, June 08, 2006

Better beginning?

It's taken me a few days now to decide how to properly start my blog-writing adventure. The first post was pretty pathetic, if I do say so myself, but I've been having a hard time coming up with another introduction. It's not so much that I have nothing to say (anyone who knows me would have a hard time imagining that that could ever be true!) - it's more that I have NO IDEA who my audience for this blog will ultimately be. It's so weird writing, knowing that very different people from all my very different "worlds" (not to mention people I don't even know yet!) could at some time type in my blog address and read about my day to day life. So how do I write about it? The only conclusion I can come up with is that I must (and can only be) myself. But what "Catherine" do I act and communicate like? We'll see how this ends up...

At the risk of sharing too personal of thoughts at the get go - can I just say that I love Jesus so very, very much?! I must confess that I am bursting tonight. : ) My Savior has been so kind and real to me this evening. He is truly the only One who can meet my needs - and He does it in a most intimate and REAL way. I love it most when He meets my needs through His word. That's what He did when I prayed and read my Bible tonight. He amazed me again by turning my exact cries of desperate need spoken TO Him into precious words of comfort and hope FROM Him - by directing my study to words that He spoke through His prophets hundreds of years ago. Only a Sovereign, Eternal God could do something like that - and only a Tender-hearted, Loving One would.

So very simple, but the song in my heart tonight:

I love Thee, I love Thee, I love Thee, my Lord;
I love Thee, my Savior, I love Thee, my God;
I love Thee, I love Thee, and that Thou dost know;
But how much I love Thee my actions will show.

I'm happy, I'm happy, O wondrous account!
My joys are immortal, I stand on the mount;
I gaze on my treasure and long to be there,
With Jesus and angels and kindred so dear.

O Jesus, my Savior, with Thee I am blest,
My life and salvation, my joy and my rest;
Thy name be my theme, and Thy love be my song;
Thy grace shall inspire both my heart and my tongue.

O, who's like my Savior? He's Salem's bright King;
He smiles and He loves me and helps me to sing;
I'll praise Him, I'll praise Him with notes loud and clear,
While rivers of pleasure my spirit shall cheer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home