Wednesday, July 19, 2006

thank you

Ok. Someone must be praying. No, many someones must be praying. I am far too at peace to be walking this alone. God is working, and I don’t know how or why He does it, but He is working through your prayers. I hardly feel like myself. In one week I will be leaving home and striking out into the very unknown and yet I am not anxious. There have been so many pressing things to get done (still are!) before I leave, and yet the last few days I have not been stressed. Catherine, the disorganized, is putting her life in order; the non-planner and indecisive is thinking ahead and making decisions; the emotional wreck is remaining calm. Even in the midst of packing up my life, going through all the memories of my childhood and teenage years, the remembering has not been painful but rather full of the goodness of God. This time around, it has shown me how obvious His hand on me has been all along and how He has been working His specific plan for me long before I wondered what it was. I really can’t understand how all this is happening – except that perhaps the promise of the daily sufficiency of God is indeed real. My hope in it is proving sure, like a question that’s finally been answered or a long-awaited dream that actually came true.

It’s really quite remarkable how He’s meeting every single need and concern of mine at this time – and how He’s doing it with little to no effort on my part. I really feel like He’s said, “My child, this path is too difficult for you so I am not even going to ask you to walk it: I’ll carry you for this stretch.” And so I have been lifted up into the strong arms of my God where I can effortlessly and calmly watch the scenery around me and where I can better see His beautiful face.

Thank you for praying for me. Please rejoice with me in God’s answer. : )

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. With joy [I] draw water from the wells of salvation...Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done, and proclaim that His name is exalted. Sing to the LORD, for He has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.” Isaiah 12:2-6

1 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Catherine,
We're praying for your soon arrival here..in fact, we prayed for you this morning at church. We can't wait to welcome you back to the "land of smiles!" I was thrilled to hear how God is answering our prayers for you...He is more than sufficient, a lesson we are all learning as we walk this journey together. See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home