Tuesday, September 25, 2007

String Update

For those who have been praying for me: God has clearly been providing for my huge 5th Grade string class. All the instruments arrived last Tuesday and the parents who came to pick them up throughout the afternoon trickled in nicely so that I was able to talk to them and get them everything they needed in a calm manner. It was actually pretty fun to talk to the students and their parents one on one (or two on one, as the case may be) and as these new players picked up their brand new violins and cellos, I found myself getting as excited as they were! It took a ton of work to get them all ready to play and, after working until 8:00 p.m. on both Tuesday and Wednesday, I found myself having let go of my over-ambitious hopes of having everything set and ready to go for the semester by last Thursday. Thursday was a little rough as it was the first day with the new instruments, but even then God provided in sending a helper! The wife of one of the new teachers at the school is a violinist and has volunteered to come in and help me with these classes. She is so fun and I can already tell will be great with the students (she used to teach herself before her daughter was born). Thursday she came in and just started tuning. In one class period, she had one row of students tuned up and after today, I think she had made the rounds of the whole class. She is a huge answer to prayer, as that is one major thing I don't have to worry about while teaching and I have hopes of even spliting the class in the future for sectionals with her. Oh, and I have no fallen bridges or broken strings to report (other than the ones my students broke themselves at home), so that's made me a little less uptight. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home