Saturday, February 03, 2007

Khao Yai

Today I went with a group of ICS teachers and friends of theirs to Khao Yai National Park for a day of hiking. My friend, Kim, described it as "life-giving" and I would have to agree. With being in the fresh air, hiking through a mountainous rain forest full of green plants, rippling streams and open spaces, seeing waterfalls and getting great exercise, my body was thoroughly refreshed. And being with people and enjoying "good conversation" (as one of the other girls commented) refreshed my spirit (which has been rather dry and depressed as of late). God truly blessed our day in every way, from handling the details of the trip (of which I was extremely grateful as I was actually the instigator/organizer of this particular outing) to putting together a most wonderful group of people, some of which did not know each other at beginning of the day. [Interesting: 5 of my 6 companions of the day were from the state of Colorado! This seemed to add validity to our hiking venture and I learned several things from their experience. : )] Today was what I have been hungering for a long time. Another example of God knowing just what we need.




5 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow how beautiful! Looks like fun! Big waterfalls, trees that are the size of me times 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999, and fresh air! It sounds very relaxing...I'm glad you had fun!
Love,
Rachel

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, YEAH! I'm sooo glad you got to go hiking, and pulled off organizing such a great trip!! It all looks BEAUTIFUL! I've been praying you would get some refreshment - good to know God blessed you with that!

Love you much, Joanna

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

catherine,

Did you see any elephants?!

helen

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanking God for your friendships... Elizabeth

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh sweet friend! The boys and I have been praying all week for you to get out and have some fun with friends. How wonderful that it was even more, as you enjoyed the presence of your Best Friend! I'm so pleased for you.

Now then, I'm not so sure I would have been leaning against that fence. Not that I'll admit I'm afraid of heights . . . I'm just afraid of falling from them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home