Thursday, May 24, 2007

weary

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9

I taught this memory verse in Good News Club last week and it’s been on my mind ever since, convicting me as I truly feel like giving up. I am so weary. So ready for the school year to be over. When Dad left almost 2 weeks ago, I looked at the calendar and thought, “We hardly have any time left – only 4 weeks left of school!” At that time it seemed like there was so much to do in so little time, I figured the time would just fly by. Now that there are 2 weeks left, it feels like FOREVER! The days are super full, with barely a moment to “sit” but they seem to drag by in a sense and all I can think of is how much I want to be home.

Unfortunately, I feel like this is beginning to affect my attitude toward my students. This week I’ve been getting frustrated and impatient with them for almost no reason except that I’m so tired of being responsible for large groups of children (that and I’m so tired of getting up at 5:30 every morning and “going” all day.) I also feel like I’m losing my vision of why I’m here or my desire to share Christ with these kids. Again, I just want to go home. So I’ve had to pray frequently that the Lord would help me treasure this time with them and the other teachers and people I work with in Bangkok (many of whom will not be returning next year) and that He would help me seize every opportunity to share the gospel with them before the school year ends. Please pray that I’ll press on.

On the positive side, things are winding down: last Monday was my last cello lesson of the year and last Tuesday was the last Good New Club and my last Bible study meeting. Tomorrow I have a concert at Prong Jai (the smaller campus) and next Wednesday we have our 5th grade beginning band/strings concert, then I’ll be finished with concerts. Grades are due and will somehow get done by Wednesday as well. Thursday I move to a different apartment. Other parts of my school year and life are closing down. The week ahead will be especially crazy, but by the time the last week of school rolls around, I can hopefully finish packing for home and enjoy a week of class parties and end-of-the-year (and Catherine’s 26th Birthday!) celebrations. Then I’ll be on that plane headed back for the States! My flight leaves early on the 9th of June, at which point I’ll fly to Arizona for a few days to visit with Laurel and Brian (and Aline!) in Yuma and Amanda in Phoenix. I will get back to Jacksonville late on Wednesday 13th and will be home (or in the vicinity of home!) until the end of July. I cannot wait to be there and to rest with my family!

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you! :) anyway, yay you get to go see Laurel! :0 Have fun! I can't wait until you come home! :) ily!
Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home