Monday, February 18, 2008

Idiosyncrasies?

Kim Cunningham (who has a new blog, btw, now that's she's back in the States: www.mommyscircus.blogspot.com) "tagged" me recently on her blog to share 5 of my "idiosyncrasies." I'm not sure if these are exactly what she meant by "idiosyncrasies" (sorry, Kim!), but here are a few things that most people would not consider quite normal!

1. I like cleaning. (Meghan would probably say this is one of the weirdest things about me!) That's not to say at all that my apartment or classroom is always, or even usually, spotless, but I do enjoy the process and sense of accomplishment that comes from transforming something from being a dirty, filthy wreck to something beautiful. I've found that it also - along with baking - somehow makes me less homesick while here in Bangkok.

2. During the freezing cold of North FL winters (like when temperatures drop down to the 40 or 50 degrees Fahrenheit!), I dance around my house, drink mugs of hot water and wash dishes to keep warm. Of course, I never have that "problem" in Thailand!

3. I've always wanted to own a pair of boxing gloves and a punching bag and to take up kick-boxing. : )

4. When given the choice, I almost always prefer to sit on the floor as opposed to on a chair or couch. Comes in handy while teaching my younger students!

5. If I could live anywhere in the world, based solely on location, it would be Chattanooga, Tennessee. I've had a crush on Tennessee for number of years now. I dream of living in a little 2 bedroom house with a front porch (complete with porch swing, of course) on a large plot of land on which my golden retriever would run. And in this dream, I would play either fiddle or upright bass in a bluegrass band.

Now that I've listed a few of the strange characteristics of Catherine Rogers, I would like to tag Melanie and Rhianna to keep the game going and find out more about them!

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for playing! Your stuff isn't as weird as some I've seen...but I love a cleaner, so I feel a kindred spirit with you in that!

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember you wanting gloves a few years back. =)

The cleaning thing isn't weird at all. I like to clean other people's houses then my own. It gives me a sense of service to others. =)

Love ya!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Where can I find this "Awesome God" CD that you keep talking about?

helen henry

PS- keep up the wonderful work you are doing with your students. You seem to catch every opportunity to witness and teach of HIS love.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to own a pair of boxing gloves and a punching bag and to take up kick-boxing. : )

:] you let me know how that one turns out! lol
I am soooo glad that i finally have a computer that works..hopefully we keep getting the computer "fixed" and it would always break again and thats why i haven't been on in so long...but now we have one that should work...
i have missed reading your bloggg.
anyway, i hope things are going great!
Love,
~Rachel~

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you didn't mention, was that you like cleaning so much, the I usually let you do it! : ) I just step back and you do the whole thing with out remembering to leave some for me : ) I mean come on, how selfish would I be if denied you your love??? I love you! Thanks for the valentine : )

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]UiIZcco[/url] , AsgtfANCXZtzC , http://yuxeflk.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home