Thursday, February 14, 2008

For You Are Holy

This week I introduced a new song to 1st Grade: "For You Are Holy" (also from Awesome God). We talked about all the things they've learned about God this year and how no one else is all those things or quite like God. I let them listen to the music first, telling them that it wasn't like some of the other songs we'd sung that make us want to move around or dance or be excited. The person that wrote this song wanted us to be very still and quiet and think about who God is and how no one else is like Him.

Afterwards Daniel said, "When I heard that song, I started crying because it made me think of God and all the things He did for me to save me from my sin and it made me want to give Him something to Him but I can't because He is in the sky."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home