Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fam

Tonight I had a get-together with the women on the MTW team and I invited Fam to join us. During the course of the evening, I asked her how she knew about Adam and Eve and where she had heard the little bit she knew about Jesus. When she told me that she had seen part of a movie about Jesus and read something about Adam and Eve in books, she said that she'd like to read more about it. I told her she ought to read the Bible. At first she wondered if the writing would be too difficult to understand, but I got out one of mine and showed her which parts would be the best to read for what she wanted to learn about (those "beginning" stories and about Jesus' life). While the others were talking, she sat there and started to read some of the places I had pointed out. I told her she could borrow that Bible and she said she was would really like to read it - and that if she didn't understand something, she would just ask me.

It's like a dream come true for me! I have been thinking recently how wonderful it would be to study the Bible with her and it looks like that's going to happen, in an informal way. Please keep praying for my friend - that God will open her eyes to the truth and beauty of the gospel!

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home