Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I held up a recorder to show my 1st Graders today and half the class, of course, got excited and had their hands raised wanting to tell me that either a) they own one too or b) their older brother or sister plays that instrument. (I've discovered that enthusiasm for the recorder doesn't wear off until around 5th or 6th Grade!) Virain, one of my Indian students, said, "It's a flute! One of my gods plays that instrument!" The boy sitting next to him thought he said "guard"; no, it was "god". He described it/him to us - he is in Virain's house (I think) and sits on (or is friends with?) a snake and plays the flute. That was one I'm not used to hearing! All I could think of to say was, "Oh really? That's interesting." Then I changed the subject!

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Thanks for the quick response as to the music CD...I just now ordered several copies of it.

helen

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

wait...i didn't mean to remove my comment...oops! Well anyway check out my blog not many posts yet but its comming along...lol
Love,
~Fachel~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home