Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sweet

I've been getting a little emotional about leaving home again in a few weeks and last night I came home from a string rehearsal at Pinewood crying. Only the boys were home for the evening and Clint saw me crying when he opened the door. He made a face like "Uh-oh - better not say anything!" and went back to playing Gamecube with Will. After I had calmed down and wiped my tears, I went to fix myself dinner and called to the boys in the other room...

"Would you guys like to play a game with me?" Something between a grunt and "I dunno" came from the den. So I pushed a little further: "We could play Yahtzee...Monopoly...RummyKub...Taboo..." No response. A few minutes later I said in a somewhat shaky voice, "Um...if you guys don't play a game with me, I'm probably going to cry again" (which was true; I was not trying to be manipulative!).

Immediately both brothers paused their video game and said "We'll play Monopoly!" They hopped up and hurried into the kitchen. Clint gave me a hug while Will set up the game. I was touched. : ) We had a super fun, goofy evening together!

Lest I give the impression, however, that my brothers are all sweetness...

Today I was exercising in the den, lifting weights, etc. and Clint walks up with a big grin, pats me on my tummy and says, "Trying to work-off your belly fat?" After a shocked and slighty hurt gasp, I proceeded to give the old "Don't you EVER say that to your girl-friend (or she'll dump you) or your wife (or you'll be sleeping on the couch)" lecture. A few minutes later Will came in and I shared what Clint had said, hoping for some sympathy (Will is generally more encouraging). Will shrugged his shoulders, smiled a "positive" (otherwise encouraging) smile and said, "Well, you're on the right track!" Sigh...

4 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger evab said...

Ha-ha! I have begun to pray for your return trip. I pray that your time with your family will be just as sweet as these encounters with your brothers!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised at Clint's response as I am at Will's. Now that was funny! =)

Call me sometime! I'll be working all this week but have the morning off. Maybe we could go out for morning breakfest before you leave at some point.

Hugs. I'll be crying a long (while encouraging you!) that you are going back. But I know this is where God wants you to be and He's given you so many blessings to look forward to!

Love you!

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Catherine,

ha! Clint is so funny! :]
anyway, call me on my cell we can cry together. I'm praying for you. I know that its sad to see you go again, but everyday I realize how amazing it is that God has given you this AMAZING opportunity. I will call you this week and we can try to get together. :]
Your adventures in Thailand have really opened my eyes to what the power of prayer can do. I mean, I have always believed that prayer is strong, but in the amazing things that have happened to you and the children you work with has really opened my eyes to how strong the power of prayer really is. I am amazed at your work in the Lord and I am touched by your work over in Thailand.
Love,
~Rachel~

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I'm totally cracking up, because what you described is all BOY!!! Not that I'd know about it or anything . . . .

I know this return will be hard, so I'm praying God will give you a fresh vision for His purpose for having you in Thailand, and that you will quickly see delightful blessings in being there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home