Thursday, July 19, 2007

Special

Sunday, my last Sunday at Pinewood for the summer before returning to Bangkok, was a very special one for a number of reasons. God granted several precious gifts in terms of my church family - playing beautiful, almost "blue-grassy" type music with my string trio collegues, Warren and Rick, and a cello/piano offeratory with our wonderful accompanist, Susan. Also in terms of my sweet students and children's choir kids - of which 3 of my favorite girls presented me with a beautiful "music" quilt after the service that they had purchased with their own funds at the missions auction! I was so honored by their gift and generosity.

It was also a special time for our family, my older sister and her children just having arrived in FL late the night before, we were all there to worship together. Joanna pointed out after the service that it's probably been years, if ever, that Mom and Dad have sat together on the same pew with all 5 of their children (for the sermon at least!) - of course, part of the reason for that is that it takes a long pew for us to all fit! But it was an unusual treat. And I was blessed by having my seven-year-old nephew sitting next to me during the sermon. Each time I see my nephews and niece, I am struck anew by what an amazing job my sister is doing in raising them to know the Lord and His word. During the sermon, Joanna helped Gabriel find the sermon passage in a Bible, which he read quietly as Pastor Phil read out loud. Then when our pastor asked us to turn to another passage, Gabe found it on his own (1 Cor.) and read along again, after which he sat quietly during the remainder of the sermon. It's so neat to see him growing, not only in his reading abilities but also his knowledge of the Bible.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger evab said...

They love you so much!!!Those are three girls that always pray for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home