Monday, August 13, 2007

Nightmares

My Pinewood students will appreciate this...

Last Saturday night I had my first teacher nightmare of the year. Guess I was more stressed than I thought! I dreamed that on the first day of school I went to the Secondary band room to meet with all of the Middle Schoolers and try to work out my 6th and 7th Grade string classes and ended up spending the whole day there. Then right as the school day was ending, I realized that there were 4 younger Elementary classes that I was supposed to have been teaching all day and I panicked, thinking about those classroom teachers arriving with all of their new students at my door and me not being there and them having to keep them for the whole period! I woke up with the thought "we've only had one day of school and I've failed! I ruined the whole year!"

Come to find out today that my friend Jaime also had a nightmare last night. She dreamed that she slept an entire 24 hour day in addition to her normal night's sleep and woke up on Tuesday morning - the morning of Open House - having missed this whole day (today was a holiday with no teacher's meetings because of the Queen's Birthday) in which she intended to work all day and finish getting ready for school to start!

Well, the school year's definitely right around the corner! On our holiday today I put in at least 8 hours in my classroom and I still don't feel nearly ready. I had a super panic/stress hour this afternoon, which I think was due to a combination of having more to do than I realized and drinking an caramel iced cappuccino a few hours before (Thais put SO MUCH caffeine in their coffee - I had kind of decided last year not to get coffee off the street anymore because of it but then forgot how it affected me and tried it again today. Now I remember!) God was gracious though and helped me calm down later and be at peace enough to leave school at 8:15 this evening. Hopefully He'll also protect me from more bad dreams tonight! : )

3 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs! I'm so sorry about your nightmares!

I couldn't help but wonder that Satan may be attacking you with your dreams. For one, he knows you are worried so he used that in your dreams to bring you insecurity. My dear Catherine, rest assured that you are doing God's plans. Satan will try to use any tactic he can to make sure God's plans failed.

You will do well this year! You already know what needs to be taught. You know your students and teachers pretty well. I've never seen you more organized then anything before. You have this year down really well.

Don't let satan get a hold of your negative emtions and shew him away. =) God please give Catherine much peace for tomorrow as she teaches her students YOUR TRUTH. In Jesus's name. Amen. Love you!

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw...You and those nightmares! :[
I know you are going to do GREAT this year, because you are SUCH an amazing teacher! I was just talking with some of my friends (of which from p-wood) and we were all sitting around talking about how AMAZINGLY you open calsses, and how everything you taught was right from the Bible! :] I hope you have a great night tonight.(and no more nightmares!) Love ya and miss ya!
Love,
~Rachel~

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember David and Goliath and how David slew the giant...and so will you! Down with the dreams and up with a very special first day of school. The Lord bless you and keep you.

love, helenH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home